Monday, January 25, 2010

I'll Give You My Chapter and Verse

As someone who reads blogs, I find it much more interesting to know something about the person who is sharing their opinions and musings. In fact, sometimes it captivates me or makes me decide that I have serious disagreements with the writer. Both of which is the hook I need to be a consistent reader.

Without further ado, here's the key stats about me:

Preference for Anonymity: I prefer to write this blog under my pseudonym, Sophie. A mere ruse to keep my identity secret for various reasons; probably the same reasons many other bloggers decide to not share their identity.

Background: Raised in the Midwest until moving to Cali after I complete undergrad about 7 years ago. My immediate family (parents, step parents, 2 brothers) is now scattered across the US from Chicago to Seattle to Los Angles, but we are still very tight.

The person that makes me happiest: My darling husband, K. Not to be cliche, but he literally IS my best friend. In fact, we were best friends for a few years before getting together; relationships are so much easier when your sig other already knows about all your dirty laundry before you even get together. I can't relay how comforting it is knowing that there are no dealbreakers before entering into a relationship. We got married the summer of 2009, in an almost flawless ceremony that was seriously the best day of my life. Yeah, another total cliche.

Education: I have a BS in engineering from a highly rated engineering school and recently acquired my MBA from a not so highly rated business school. Can't win 'em all, right?

Physical: I gotta say this now, I'm a lucky bitch. I have pretty good genes in that I can eat gourmet/decadent fatty foods every now and then, spend 30 mins running 3 days a week and maintain my 118 lbs on my 5'5" frame and not think twice. Please don't hate.

Work/Career: I've been at my company since college graduation - about 5 years longer than I thought I was going to work there actually. I have a like/hate relationship with my job (more hate than like these days). I would describe my job as number-crunchy and too boring to really go into, but it pays well so I can't complain too much. Even though Monday's are increasingly becoming more and more painful.

Life Passions: As I eluded to earlier, I love food, passionately. I love watching Food Network, hearing about what people ate it which restaurant, hearing about what people cooked for dinner last night, eating at the amazing restaurants here in California, and of course, cooking up my own culinary creations. In fact, I love food so much that one of the main priority's for our honeymoon was going somewhere for the local food (good thing K is all about food too!). Of course, wine is a close second. I was lucky enough to have a liberal father growing up in that he allowed me to drink wine with my meals starting at 15 (he's a big fan of the French's methods of child rearing). Living here in California just intensified my love of wine, and I've dabbled in the possibility of a career change into the wine industry. Perhaps someday... In addition, I love traveling (spent 10 weeks in Europe in 2009 for work and play), and running. In fact, I'm currently training for a half marathon, but I'll leave that to another post.

Ok, I gotta wrap this up cause all this talk about me, is making me sick of myself. Whoever said blogs were one of the most narcissistic form of expression was right!

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment