Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thank God That’s Over

I had to give a Very Huge Presentation this morning. I had to brief the company VP and several other directors on the outcome of a project I’ve been working on, all before 8am this morning. What the hell, so freaking early? Even though I consider my job not that interesting, I was definitely feeling some work related adrenaline this morning. I didn’t even need my usual coffee or tea to wake me up, that’s for sure.

I thought I was prepared and confident in the material I’d be presenting. I’ve done similar presentations to these people before. I even would go as far to say I’ve been known to “knock it outta the park” in these high level briefings. No sweat, right?

For some reason, I lost my grasp on the English language half way through. What the hell – I was doing so well for the first half? After a few seconds of frantic regrouping, I managed to word vomit the rest of the information in a slapdash manner. At least, that’s how it sounded to me. There were no questions from the executives I just assaulted with my haphazard information, just nodding, so I can’t have fucked up that much, right?

Why do I still feel like crawling under a rock?

I just remembered – I have to do this again next week. Fuck.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you - I hate giving presentations, hate it. I really hate showing my artwork as well to people for them to pick apart (I'm a graphic designer). Kudos to you for sticking it out and good luck to you on next week presentation!

    ReplyDelete